A group of Connected Lane County partners applied for and received $546,000 in funding from the Oregon Department of Education for the Beginning Teacher and Administrator Mentoring Program. The program will have a significant impact on how Lane County school districts support and develop new teachers and administrators. Funds will be used to implement coordination programs that:
- Provide quality mentoring support;
- Improve the educational performance of pupils;
- Improve the leadership performance of new administrators;
- Enable beginning teachers and administrators to be effective in teaching all pupils including those who are economically, culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse;
- Improve professional success and retention of new teachers and administrators;
- Ensure intensive, individualized support and assistance for participating teachers and administrators; and
- Enable continuous program improvement through monitoring and evaluation.